We have an excellent opportunity for a Mechanical Engineer to join our established mechanical and electrical engineering team in London as part of our successful national MEP Division.
You will be responsible for the day-to-day technical delivery of the mechanical design services for multidiscipline projects across a number of building sectors as well as the accurate and efficient delivery of projects from concept to completion. This will include ensuring all projects are delivered to a ‘right first-time approach’ and that the quality management procedures are in place and are adhered to. This is an opportunity to become an integral part of our growing London team. Technical mentorship and inspiration will come from being part of a company wide network of electrical engineers as well as direct support from team members.
As part of a close knit, fun and highly motivated team, you will work on exciting projects and collaborate with everyone in the organisation at all levels! You will also take on a diverse range of duties and have the opportunity to develop your skills to suit your ambitions!
Your role will include:
• Using Revit and 3D BIM modelling software in design production.
• Design co-ordination with other professional disciplines.
• Working to current building regulations including gas & water regulations.
• Applying and developing your knowledge of renewables including solar, heat pumps (air,
ground & water), combined heat and power systems.
• Participating in design team and client meetings.
• Attending site visits.
What you will need to be successful in this role
• Degree and/or Masters qualified in a relevant mechanical engineering or building
• Proven mechanical engineer who can contribute to the design of a range of projects, with
a strong track record in the UK on a range of mainstream building services projects.
• Demonstrable experience working with architects in a design centered role.
• Be client focused and outward facing.
• Sound knowledge of BIM processes, Revit, IES and other design software.
• Ambitious and dynamic, you enjoy change and variety.
• Positive outlook and self-motivated.
• An articulate communicator with well-developed interpersonal skills.
Our Team (MEP)
Our team specialises in the delivery of building services, energy and sustainability services. We deliver M&E engineering design solutions from initial feasibility stages through detailed design and on to construction, handover and post-occupancy.
We offer a fresh approach to M&E, getting involved early, working collaboratively with the design team, highlighting options, guiding design development and using our expertise to help clients make key decisions – an approach that always results in a building that delivers. Our solutions are tailored to the client – with the simplicity of design often key, but with the ability to deliver bespoke highly technical solutions if required.
We work across all sectors, including commercial, industrial, leisure, retail, manufacturing, logistics, heritage, and residential for end-user clients, investors, developers, architects, project managers or engineer-led project teams. This diversity of workstreams, and the fact that all of our team members work across every sector, means we are constantly cross-pollinating ideas.
What's great about Hydrock 'in a nutshell'
We are a British-owned integrated multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy of over 900 staff in 21 offices across the UK. Our driving motivation is to be a ‘Force for Good’, as it is our aim to improve the quality of people’s lives from our employees to our clients, through to the communities we work in and our planet as a whole through the work we do.
From the buildings that surround you, the roads and bridges you cross, all related to the infrastructure that we create, we aim to offer the most sustainable possibilities to shape the places, communities and society that we live in through meeting our client’s needs. Through the path we are on to delivering a green future, the result is something that everyone can be proud of.
Our welcoming and friendly culture is something we are proud of and has gained us recognition with 9 years in the Top 100 Best Companies to Work For list. Check out some of our incredible projects which have been awarded: 2022 Net Zero Award for Bay Technology Centre, Integration and Collaborative Working Award for YGG Tan-y-Lan primary school, The Deaf Academy awarded for its Universal Design at the 2022 Civic Trust Awards and Bristol’s iconic waterfront Wapping Wharf Living making a double win at the Bristol Property Awards!
What we can offer you:
- Inspiring and supportive colleagues
- Reward for progression and hard work
- An opportunity to develop your soft skills, as well your technical skills
- Competitive starting salary
- Excellent health benefits 25 days of holiday (buy/sell up to five days), accrue 1 day extra every 2 years, with bonus holidays too!
- An earlier finish on Friday (4pm!)
- An opportunity to give back: “Day off for good cause” (on a workday)
- A huge range of flexible benefits, including climate perks and an EV car leasing scheme
- Our biggest event of the year: Annual Challenge Day!
A place to feel included
We champion diversity, equity and inclusion. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we commit to supporting our employees and ensure we create a safe environment that nurtures you to perform at your best. Offering our people flexibility is an important factor in achieving this aim.
We consider all application individually with the required qualifications and knowledge without regard to any of the protected characteristics. We would like to provide everyone with a fair selection, assessment and employment experience so we ask with are made aware of any physical or neurodiverse condition within your application for which appropriate reasonable adjustments can be made by us.
Looking for the next steps?
Once you have completed your application through our careers site, we aim to review and respond to you as soon as your application’s been reviewed.
If shortlisted, a member of our Recruitment Team will call you for an initial pre-screen by phone (typically 30 minutes) to help us assess your motivations and interest in the position and Hydrock.
If you progress following this telephone pre-screen, you will be invited to attend a formal interview by video conference (Microsoft Teams) or in our offices.
For the latest updates and news, connect with us on our LinkedIn page!