Opportunity for a Senior Electrical Engineer to join our established MEP engineering team within our Manchester office as part of our successful national MEP Division.
You will work as part of a close-knit, fun and highly motivated team. You will work on exciting projects whilst developing your knowledge and taking on the challenge of a diverse range of duties. You’ll collaborate with everyone in the organisation at all levels and won’t get bored! You will also have the freedom and opportunity to develop your skills to suit your ambitions.
- Project delivery, including overseeing input from others.
- Supporting timely invoicing, debt chasing, management of WIP and forward workload/resource planning for your own projects.
- Attendance at design team, client and site meetings as required.
- Responsible for the design quality and profitable delivery of own projects.
- Demonstrate commercial thinking and client management expertise.
- Timely reporting of project/office financial information to contribute to meeting budget at team level.
- Project set-up and briefing.
- Co-ordinating and working with others in the BPE division to maintain design quality and consistency across teams.
- Working with other divisions within Hydrock to integrate design and also input to deliver a multi-discipline offering.
- Support the Hydrock ethos including wellbeing, day-off for good causes and 100 Best Companies To Work For.
- Familiar with the strategic plan.
What you need to succeed in this role:
- Relevant qualification(s) at HNC, HND, Bachelors or Masters.
- Proven Senior Electrical Engineer who can lead projects, with a strong track record in the UK on a range of mainstream building services projects.
- Demonstrable experience working with architects in a design centered role.
- An articulate communicator with well-developed interpersonal skills.
- Sound knowledge of BIM processes, Revit and Amtech.
- Ambitious and dynamic, you enjoy change and variety.
- Positive outlook and self-motivated.
- Someone who believes in our values and wishes to be part of Hydrock and contribute to our success.
- Ideally a Chartered Engineer, an Incorporated Engineer, or working towards full membership with a relevant institution.
Our team specialises in the delivery of building services, energy and sustainability services. We deliver MEP engineering design solutions from initial feasibility stages through detailed design and on to construction, handover and post-occupancy.
We offer a fresh approach to MEP, getting involved early, working collaboratively with the design team, highlighting options, guiding design development and using our expertise to help clients make key decisions – an approach that always results in a building that delivers. Our solutions are tailored to the client – with the simplicity of design often key, but with the ability to deliver bespoke highly technical solutions if required.
We work across all sectors, including commercial, industrial, leisure, retail, manufacturing, logistics, heritage, and residential for end-user clients, investors, developers, architects, project managers or engineer-led project teams. This diversity of workstreams, and the fact that all of our team members work across every sector, means we are constantly cross-pollinating ideas. You can check out MEP’s project portfolio here.
What's great about Hydrock 'in a nutshell'
We are a British-owned integrated multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy of over 900 staff in 21 offices across the UK. Our driving motivation is to be a ‘Force for Good’, as it is our aim to improve the quality of people’s lives from our employees to our clients, through to the communities we work in and our planet as a whole through the work we do.
From the buildings that surround you, the roads and bridges you cross, all related to the infrastructure that we create, we aim to offer the most sustainable possibilities to shape the places, communities and society that we live in through meeting our client’s needs. Through the path we are on to delivering a green future, the result is something that everyone can be proud of.
Our welcoming and friendly culture is something we are proud of and has gained us recognition with 9 years in the Top 100 Best Companies to Work For list. Check out some of our incredible projects which have been awarded: 2022 Net Zero Award for Bay Technology Centre, Integration and Collaborative Working Award for YGG Tan-y-Lan primary school, The Deaf Academy awarded for its Universal Design at the 2022 Civic Trust Awards and Bristol’s iconic waterfront Wapping Wharf Living making a double win at the Bristol Property Awards!
What we can offer you:
- Inspiring and supportive colleagues
- Reward for progression and hard work
- An opportunity to develop your soft skills, as well your technical skills
- Competitive starting salary
- Excellent health benefits 25 days of holiday (buy/sell up to five days), accrue 1 day extra every 2 years, with bonus holidays too!
- An earlier finish on Friday (4pm!)
- An opportunity to give back: “Day off for good cause” (on a workday)
- A huge range of flexible benefits, including climate perks and an EV car leasing scheme
- Our biggest event: Challenge Day!
A place to feel included
We champion diversity, equity and inclusion. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we commit to supporting our employees and ensure we create a safe environment that nurtures you to perform at your best. Offering our people flexibility is an important factor in achieving this aim.
We consider all application individually with the required qualifications and knowledge without regard to any of the protected characteristics. We would like to provide everyone with a fair selection, assessment and employment experience so we ask with are made aware of any physical or neurodiverse condition within your application for which appropriate reasonable adjustments can be made by us.
Looking for the next steps?
Once you have completed your application through our careers site, we aim to review and respond to you as soon as your application’s been reviewed.
If shortlisted, a member of our Recruitment Team will call you for an initial pre-screen by phone (typically 30 minutes) to help us assess your motivations and interest in the position and Hydrock.
If you progress following this telephone pre-screen, you will be invited to attend a formal interview by video conference (Microsoft Teams) or in our offices.
For the latest updates and news, connect with us on our LinkedIn page!