Back to News
Hydrock projects make shortlist at RICS Social Impact Awards 20209th Mar 2020
Several Hydrock projects across the UK have been shortlisted for the RICS Social Impact Awards 2020. These awards recognise the built environment's positive and transformational contribution to society.
We are delighted to have been part of the design teams that have achieved these short-listings. By region, the projects are:
- English National Ballet - through all RIBA design stages, 1 to 7, Hydrock acted as the M&E and structural engineering designer for the fit-out design of the state-of-the-art, purpose-built new home for English National Ballet.
- The Wave – we provided multi-disciplinary engineering services from concept stage through to detailed design on this visionary inland surfing destination.
- Picture House Court – our structural engineers worked closely with the architect to create this innovative energy-efficient residential development in south Bristol, certified to Passivhaus standards. We provided civil and and geotechnical and geo-environmental engineering on the project.
- Aurora – we delivered the building services design and the civil and structural engineering design on Aurora, a 95,000 sq ft Grade A office building in central Bristol – the first building outside London to achieve a rating of BREEAM Outstanding.
- Finzels Reach – we provided structural and M&E design on a Private Rental Scheme development as part of this wider mixed-use redevelopment of a key area of central Bristol.
- Cornwall Council Housing Development Programme – we provided full multi-disciplinary engineering design on this framework, which saw a £200m investment from the council to build 1,000 new homes over 5 years.
- Capital Quarter – we delivered Stage 4 detailed M&E design for a new 26-storey student accommodation scheme in the heart of Cardiff City Centre’s Enterprise Zone.
The regional awards take place between April to June, with the London-based Grand Final in September 2020. Watch this space for further news.